Get to know Queen Nina
Pharmacist at National Pharmacies
1. Which National Pharmacies store do you work at and what is your role?
I am a pharmacist and I have worked at many of the National Pharmacies stores in South Australia over the years. My base store is Cumberland Park.
2. What is your favourite thing about the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant and what are you most excited about?
I love that the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant brings the South Australian community together. It is a big and bright celebration of Christmas with all the colourful floats, bands, and dancers. I am looking forward to it sparking some joy for our community, particularly for the children.
There have been many challenges over the last 18 months and I think that the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant will help to lift the spirits of our community. I can’t wait to see lots of happy, smiling faces in the crowd at the Adelaide Oval.
3. Why did you apply to be part of the royal family and what is the best part about joining the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant royal family?
This year I am celebrating 20 years of working at National Pharmacies. I applied to be part of this year’s Royal Family as I thought that it would be a fun way to celebrate this milestone. It is very exciting to be part of the Royal Family, we get to dress up and get a bit fancy. It’s also sentimental to me to represent the organisation that I have belonged to for a long time, and to help to welcome Father Christmas to South Australia and mark the beginning of the Christmas Season.
4. What is your go-to song when putting up the Christmas Tree?
I love Christmas songs. One of my favourites for putting up the tree would be “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”.
5. Do you have a favourite float in the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant?
My favourite float is Nipper. When I was 7 years old, my best friend rode on this float and I thought she was so lucky. I could not have imagined that I would get to participate in the pageant myself one day.
6. What is your favourite thing to eat on Christmas Day?
We usually have a pretty big feast on Christmas Day. My family all have their signature dishes to contribute. I love to eat traditional roast turkey with all the trimmings, and I love making Christmas-themed cupcakes for the kiddies (and grown-ups!).
7. Would you rather go for a ride on Father Christmas’ sleigh or get a tour of his workshop?
I would choose a tour of the workshop as I would love to get a sneak peak of what the Elves are making for the children this year. I would probably get motion sick on the sleigh…
8. If you had to choose between wrapping all the Christmas presents under the tree or cooking all the food for Christmas day, which would you choose?
I would choose to wrap all the presents. I like to be creative with wrapping, and it makes me happy to think about the joy the gifts will bring to my friends and family when they open them.