Get to know Princess Sophie!
Pharmacy Assistant at National Pharmacies North Adelaide
1. What’s your favourite thing about your job?
My favourite thing about the job is definitely building friendships with members and having an active role in promoting the health of the community.
2. What is your favourite National Pharmacies store and what do you love about it?
My favourite store is my base store, North Adelaide. I love the customers - each have their own story to tell, I love our great product range from prestige fragrance, makeup to general health services. I adore my colleagues and am proud to work with such an amazing and inspiring group of people.
3. What’s the best kept secret at National Pharmacies?
A secret isn't much of a secret if I tell you... but I think some of our staff members are way more excited than the children of Adelaide for the 2020 National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant. There is one particular pharmacist at National Pharmacies North Adelaide that reminds me of the days until the Pageant and talks the entire shift about the pageant - she truly has dedication to the event!
4. What is your favourite thing about the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant and what are you most excited about?
My favourite thing about the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant is how it delivers Father Christmas in a fun, colourful and magical way to the people of Adelaide. The iconic, traditional event really brings the community together to kickstart the Christmas festivities. I am thrilled for the 2020 twilight Christmas Pageant; it will be so magical with the moon glistening on the floats! It will be a unique experience and everyone at home will start their own traditions for a later event; watching the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant on Channel 9 at 7pm. Get the popcorn out and call it a magical movie night!
5. Do you have a favourite float in the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant?
My favourite float is definitely Bruto; there is something magical about a big, pink, smiling monster with two little human friends. In general, each float sparks so much joy and never fails to excite, and over generations, this colourful parade symbolises the beginning of a season filled with gratitude, love and joy.
6. Why did you apply to be part of the royal family and what is the best part about joining the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant royal family?
I applied for the Royal Family as it truly is a once in a lifetime experience and from a young age I can vividly remember the desire to be part of this magical, colourful parade where we celebrate as a community and welcome Father Christmas to the city of Adelaide. I really wanted to be part of this special role and the best part of joining the Royal Family is that I can be a Princess for a couple of months, while still be able to walk down the street without fear of the paparazzi catching me. National Pharmacies is a tightknit community and having a Royal Family is really special and excites all of us for the special day which awaits.
7. What’s your favourite Christmas tradition?
My favourite Christmas tradition is by far wrapping, there really is something special about purchasing a gift and wrapping it with love for someone you are grateful for.
8. Would you rather go for a ride on Father Christmas’ sleigh or get a tour of his workshop?
Hmm depends on the time of day. I think I would prefer to go for a ride on Father Christmas' sleigh and hang with all the reindeers.
9. Would you rather spend a day watching Christmas movies or listening to Christmas music? (If movies, that is your favourite Christmas movie? If music, what is your favourite Christmas song?)
I could listen to Christmas music 365/365 days of the year, so definitely Christmas music. I have a Spotify playlist dedicated for Christmas music, and All I want for Christmas is You by Mariah Carey is the most played song.