National Pharmacies Royal Family 2020: Prince Mason
Get to know Prince Mason!
Pharmacist at National Pharmacies Mitcham
1. What’s your favourite thing about your job?
My job has lots of fun challenges and problems to solve with the knowledge I gained through my honours degree, but my favourite part is actually the people that you interact with. Our regular members at Mitcham are great and I get a lot of joy out of helping them with their medications or joking around with them.
2. What is your favourite National Pharmacies store and what do you love about it?
The thing I love most about my National Pharmacies store is the team, we're like a little family in the dispensary and everyone's always willing to share their wisdom or a laugh with you. My favourite stores would have to be a toss up between Mitcham (where I am now) and Norwood, where I undertook my internship. I miss the team there desperately (and the proximity to Nordburger)
3. What’s the best kept secret at National Pharmacies?
The best kept secret at National Pharmacies is that our members get to experience an extra 5% discount if it's your birthday week!
4. What is your favourite thing about the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant and what are you most excited about?
My favourite thing about the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant is definitely the memories that it brings back to me of watching it with my family, it was always such an exciting day because it marked the start of the holidays.
5. Do you have a favourite float in the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant?
Surely everyone's favourite float is that amazing sight of a jolly man in a red suit right? (Although to be honest, mine was Nipper and Nimble because my older sister loved it)
6. Why did you apply to be part of the royal family and what is the best part about joining the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant royal family?
I applied to be part of the royal family because I really wanted to help bring the joy of Christmas to the children and also to the members of National Pharmacies. Mostly though, I wanted to bring some cheer and joy for my grandparents who always brought the magic to me.
7. What’s your favourite Christmas tradition?
My favourite Christmas tradition has to be driving around in the car with my family and looking at Christmas lights in the town I grew up in. My mum had this old Boney M Christmas CD which at the time I absolutely hated but grew to love. Who knew the power of an 80s disco pop band could highlight such an important time of year for my family.
8. Would you rather go for a ride on Father Christmas’ sleigh or get a tour of his workshop?
Who wouldn't want to go for a ride on that thing? Flying through the skies!? Totally trumps seeing a workshop!
9. Would you rather spend a day watching Christmas movies or listening to Christmas music? (If movies, that is your favourite Christmas movie? If music, what is your favourite Christmas song?)
I think it's a tough one for me! I really love Boney M's Christmas album but I don't know if I could ever say no to watching Home Alone 2, Die Hard, or The Grinch (Jim Carey is a genius)