Get into the festive spirit on Pageant Day by baking some treats to eat while watching the National Pharmacies Christmas #PageantAtHome! South Australian chef Emma McCaskill and her daughter Grace have shared with us a delicious Banana Bread recipe that’s easy to bake with the kids on Pageant Day.
Brown butter and labne banana bread
Makes 1 loaf
125g salted butter (browned)
200g caster sugar
2 free range eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
250g plain flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda (bicarb soda)
3 very ripe banana’s mashed
1 banana for garnish (peeled, sliced through the middle length ways)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on high speed for 5 mins until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, labne.
- Add in flour and baking soda.
- Add in bananas.
- Spread batter into lined tin. Place lengthways split banana on top.
- Bake for approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 15 minutes, then turn out to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy while watching the National Pharmacies Christmas #PageantAtHome!
Tag us in all your Pageant Day cooking festivities #nppageant #pageantathome