Get to know Princess Bronwyn
Wellbeing and Work Health Safety Projects Manager at National Pharmacies
1. Which National Pharmacies store do you work at and what is your role?
I’m a member of our National Support Team and my role is as Wellbeing and Work Health Safety Projects Manager.
2. What is your favourite thing about the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant and what are you most excited about?
I LOVE how the Pageant brings our community together. Whether that’s people on the streets, people gathering at home to watch the broadcast while they put their tree up or the many hundreds of pageant participants.
There’s something so joyful about the Pageant for our workplace teams, including for our teams in Victoria and New South Wales as we share the magic of Adelaide across our whole organisation. The Pageant creates a real buzz in the months leading up to the event, connects people across the organisation and it’s really special for us to share the opportunity to be in the Pageant for our members. I think the event is a fabulous wellbeing experience for both the community and our teams and is such a perfect way for National Pharmacies to demonstrate our genuine care and connection with our community.
3. Why did you apply to be part of the royal family and what is the best part about joining the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant royal family?
I have loved the Pageant all my life. I remember attending as a small child, having special Pageant clothes made by my mum and watching from on top of a verandah in North Terrace. The opportunity to participate in the Pageant in the last few years has been so much fun. There is nothing as joyful as turning the corner onto King William Street and seeing the crowd waving and calling out ‘Merry Christmas’. As a member of the Royal Family it’s a lovely way to share and demonstrate National Pharmacies’ commitment to wellness through community connection and to encourage our team members to have some fun and spread the joy.
4. What is your go-to song when putting up the Christmas Tree?
I quite like Handel’s Hallelujah Chorus and will have a go at blending all 4 vocal lines into 1 to try to get in as many ‘halleluja’s’ as possible – but only when the tree is finished.
5. Do you have a favourite float in the National Pharmacies Christmas Pageant?
Can I have two? I really love Nellie the elephant as a mechanical marvel and my ‘first love’ is the Christmas Tree. I’ve been on the Christmas Tree float and it’s the best costume ever!
6. What is your favourite Christmas tradition?
Definitely food related – preparing recipes that my mum used to make for us, especially a jelly wreath with cherries and cream anglaise in a Tupperware mould.
7. Would you rather go for a ride on Father Christmas’ sleigh or get a tour of his workshop?
I’ll choose the workshop! I’m a pretty crafty, creative person and I also love manufacturing. I’m intrigued at how the workshop manages to keep track of the requests and keep all the children happy!
8. Would you rather spend a day watching Christmas movies or listening to Christmas music?
Definitely music. Then I can be walking or running, gardening, being outside and singing loudly where no-one can hear me. I love the Australian carol – The North Wind because it connects us with our own nature and celebrates our summer Christmas.